Social Media Posting and Commenting Policy
The following Posting and Commenting Policy applies to Town of Lyons social media accounts:
The Town of Lyons intends for its social media pages to be family friendly; please keep wall posts and comments consistent with this standard.
Lyons’ use of external social media websites is provided as a public service. The Town disclaims liability for ads, videos, promoted content or comments accessible from any external web page. The responsibility for external content or comments rests with the organizations or individuals providing them. Any inclusion of external content or comments does not imply endorsement by the Town of Lyons.
The Town will not edit or alter posts or comments by citizens. However, the Town may close comments and/or remove comments that do not promote civil discussion. The following forms of content will be removed:
- Obscene, profane, explicit, or racist language;
- Potentially libelous statements, personal attacks, threats, harassment, insults, or language inciting violence;
- Content that promotes, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, gender expression, gender identity, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or mental disability, military service, sexual orientation, or political party;
- Sexual content or links to sexual content;
- Comments not topically related to the current thread;
- Conduct or encouragement of illegal activity;
- Information that may tend to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems.
- Advertisements and solicitations for money or services.