Once purchased, the Lyons EcoPass provides residents with free use of any RTD bus and light rail services. This includes the “Y” service from Lyons to Boulder, buses to the airport, and buses and light rail in and around Boulder, Longmont and Denver. View all the RTD transit routes and schedules here, or learn more about the Neighborhood EcoPass services.
* There will be a $90 cap per household.
Existing EcoPass holders need to renew by…
- If you paid for an EcoPass before June, 2018 you will need to renew your card before the end of February, 2019 (most people fall into this first category).
- If you paid for an EcoPass after June, 2018 you will need to renew your card before the end of July, 2019.
All existing EcoPass holders who do not pay the 2019 fee by the deadlines above will have their passes deactivated and they will no longer work. Don't worry if you don't remember when you paid for your paid we will send email reminders to you leading up to the deadlines--you can also contact Garrett McDaniel at email@example.com or 303-823-6622 ext: 46.
There are two ways to pay:
- You can make the payment online here (payments will be processed through our partners Xpress Bill Pay). Make sure to add more riders before finalizing your payment if you have multiple family members (there is a $120 cap per household, after that all passes are free).
- Bring in a check to Town Hall.
Once you pay the fee it will take up to 5 business to reactivate the pass.
Apply for a New EcoPass
If you do not already have an EcoPass you need to apply for one. You can also apply for multiple EcoPasses per household. The following items are required:
- Photo ID(s) for adults (18+) [e.g. Drivers License];
- Proof of Lyons residence [e.g. Utility Bill w/ street address on it]
- Head shot for each applicant [w/ white background | no hats]
- $30 fee per applicant / $90 cap per household
Passes normally arrive 15-25 working days after the application is submitted and payment is received.
Replace an EcoPass
If you have lost your EcoPass and need to replace it simply email firstname.lastname@example.org (include the following information in the email: Name, Address, and Phone Number), for the Town to issue an authorization form for a replacement. Alternatively, forms are available at Town Hall.
A Town staff member will contact you when the form has been completed, and arrange a pick-up at Town Hall. You will then need to take the authorization form to the RTD Boulder Transit Center to get a replacement card. RTD charges $10 for replacement cards.
If you have paid your $40 fee and your EcoPass is not working there is a 95% chance that this is because a pass hasn't been used for a while? If this is the case call RTD EcoPass support at 303.299.2273 and ask them to reactivate it.
If you have used it your card may have been corrupted (rare). Call RTD EcoPass support at 303.299.2273 to confirm that it is active online and then if directed to take your card to the RTD Boulder Transit Center to get a replacement.
If you have questions, contact Garrett McDaniel at email@example.com or 303-823-6622 ext: 46.