Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
A. Reservation of the limited space available in or on the Town Media for information about and promotion of
Town of Lyons government functions, Town-sponsored events, and events that advance policies or goals
supported by the Town’s Board of Trustees and that provide a civic benefit and serve the interests and needs
of the Town and its residents;
B. Consistency and equality of treatment of charitable organizations desiring access to the Town Media to
promote events that provide a civic benefit to the Town and its residents; and
C. Preventing the use of the Town Media for offensive or inappropriate material.
2. No announcements or notices of private events are allowed on any Town Media. A private event is one that is not
funded in whole or in part by the Town and does not result in a local civic benefit to the Town.
3. No announcements or notices of commercial events are allowed on any Town Media. If an event has commercial
sponsorship but is otherwise eligible for use of the Marquee, the name of the commercial sponsor(s) may not be used
on or in any display on any Town Media.
4. In the event of a conflict between a Town-funded and Town-sponsored event and a charitable event that provides a
benefit to the Town, priority shall be given to the Town Event.
5. Except as expressly provided in this policy, the Town shall make no distinctions among organizations requesting
the use of any Town Media.
6. When duplicate requests for use of the same Town Medium are received and both meet the criteria set forth in this
policy, permission to use the Town Medium shall be granted on a first‐come, first‐served basis. In such cases, the
Town may, but is not obligated to, offer the use of other Town Media to one or more of the requesting parties.
7. No request shall be accepted more than sixty (60) days prior to the actual use dates requested.
8. The Town shall reserve the right to reduce the number of days requested by any group or organization in an effort
to accommodate as many groups or organizations as possible. This rule shall apply only when conflict of dates exists.
9. The Town of Lyons reserves the right to deny any request that the Town deems offensive, controversial or
10. Any person or group aggrieved by a decision made pursuant to this Policy on Use of Town Media may appeal to
decision to the Town Administrator.
11. All requests for use of any Town Medium shall be made in writing on a form approved by the Town Clerk, which
shall be available at Lyons Town Hall and on the Town of Lyons Website, www.townoflyons.com.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field