LaVern Johnson Park Camping InformationThere are 15 RV sites with full hookups and 17 official tent sites that can accommodate two tents each. Weekends in summer have filled up and there are no RV spaces available for weekends. There may be first come, first serve availability mid-week.
The camping season runs year round. However, there are several community events that take place during the summer where camping and shelter reservations may not be available in LaVern Johnson Park. It is important to check with the Town of Lyons Department of Parks, Recreation & Cultural Events or the Park Host to ensure that you are not in conflict with Town events.
Fees are payable by cash or check only (checks payable to the Town of Lyons) to the on-duty Park/Camp Host prior to the start of stay.
There is access to potable water, a shower and restrooms within the park.
1. Maximum of 2 people per campsite. An additional $5.00 for each person over the age of 5 (five).
2. Maximum of 1 (one) vehicles per campsite for RV sites
3. Maximum of 1 (one) RV/mobile camping unit or 1 (one) tent per permit
4. Camping by Permit only. Permits available from the Park/Camp Host at Meadow Park or at Lyons Town Hall, Costs for camping permits are based on type of camping and length of stay. Permits are available starting at $15 per night for tent camping units and $40 a night for RV’s and mobile camping units (provided there is space available) that do not require hookups. Campers must vacate their site by NOON of the expiration date listed on permit.
5. “Quiet Time” is from 10 pm to 8 am.Please respect others.
6. No campfires are permitted and charcoal and propane cooking are allowed only in designated grill sites.
Campers should check in with the Park/Camp Host to receive and fill out the Camping Permit that must be placed in a visible location inside the front windshield of their vehicle or in a location near their tent site.
There is no parking on site for tent camping by the river. Tent campers may arrange to unload their equipment near the tent camping area, but then must park in the parking lot. Each site includes parking 1 vehicle. Each additional vehicle is $5.00 parking fee per day and you must park in general overflow parking away from site, but you must be sure to put a camping pass in your windshield. Park Host Designates parking for campers. No campfires are permitted and Charcoal and propane cooking are allowed only in designated grill sites.
For a full list of fees click here