LaVern Johnson Park Camping InformationSites are available on a first come, first served basis unless other arrangements are made. There are 15 RV sites with full hookups and ten official tent sites that can accommodate two tents each. You may call 303-823-6150 (Park/Camp Host) or 303-823-8250 (Parks Office) to discuss the possibility of reservations.
The camping season runs year round. However, there are several community events that take place during the summer where camping and shelter reservations may not be available in LaVern Johnson Park. It is important to check with the Town of Lyons Department of Parks, Recreation & Cultural Events or the Park Host to ensure that you are not in conflict with Town events.
Fees are payable by cash or check only (checks payable to the Town of Lyons) to the on-duty Park/Camp Host or Town Hall front desk attendee prior to the start of stay.
There is access to potable water, a shower and restrooms within the park. There is also an additional sewer dump available for self-contained RV’s located at the corner of 4th Avenue and Railroad Avenue (directly across the street from/West of the Visitor Center) for a $10 dumping fee.
1. Maximum of 2 people per campsite. An additional $5.00 for each person over the age of 5 (five).
2. Maximum of 1 (one) vehicles per campsite for RV sites
3. Maximum of 1 (one) RV/mobile camping unit or 1 (one) tent per permit
4. Camping by Permit only. Permits available from the Park/Camp Host at Meadow Park, at Lyons Town Hall, or the Lyons Visitor Center. Costs for camping permits are based on type of camping and length of stay. Permits are available starting at $15 per night for tent camping units and $40 a night for RV’s and mobile camping units (provided there is space available) that do not require hookups. Campers must vacate their site by NOON of the expiration date listed on permit.
5. “Quiet Time” is from 10 pm to 8 am.Please respect others.
6. No campfires are permitted and charcoal and propane cooking are allowed only in designated grill sites.
Campers are encouraged to seek out the Park/Camp Host to receive and fill out the Camping Permit that must be placed in a visible location inside the front windshield of their vehicle or in a location near their site. Permits may also be found at Lyons Town Hall located at 432 5th Avenue (across from the entrance of LaVern Johnson Park, to the East).
There is no parking on site for tent camping by the river. Tent campers may arrange to unload their equipment near the tent camping area, but then must park in the parking lot. Each site includes parking 1 vehicle. Each additional vehicle is $5.00 parking fee per day and you must park in general overflow parking away from site, but you must be sure to put a camping pass in your windshield. Park Host Designates parking for campers. No campfires are permitted and Charcoal and propane cooking are allowed only in designated grill sites.
For a full list of fees click here