- “Energy efficient buildings increase employee productivity 6-16% and decrease absenteeism more than 15%“ — Department of Energy
- “96% of workers age 18 – 35 want to work for a responsible and green-minded company“—Johnson Controls.
- “Studies show daylight buildings can increase retail sales up to 40%“— PG&E
- “More than 35% of U.S. consumers say they would pay more for environmentally friendly products”—Health and Energy Company
- “The majority of consumers (62%) are more likely to visit a green business than a similar non-green business“—SVA
The Town has recently hired a part-time Sustainability Coordinator (paid in part by a Boulder County grant) who can help Lyons’ businesses understand what sustainability opportunities and resources are available to them. If you have any ideas, concerns or questions please feel free to reach out to the Town’s Sustainability Coordinator.